Specifically designed to respond to the lightest touch to give accurate cursor navigation and precise targeting of objects on the computer screen while occupying the minimum amount of desk space.
Optima also features a low profile, providing a natural hand rest for comfortable operation, and will work with USB and PS/2 compatible computers of all types.
There are four-speed settings and the centre button gives the user access to a ‘drag’ feature, allowing the left click to be engaged for an extended period, for example when moving an icon on the screen. Additionally, the unit is switch adapted via two 3.5mm sockets, giving the same switch functions as the red and yellow buttons.
- Robust Construction and Ergonomic Design.
- Light touch joystick movement (0.5 Newtons).
- Precise tracking and cursor control.
- Four Cursor speed settings (With Audible Alert).
- Double click option
- Left-handed button option
- The buzzer may be turned off if not required
- Low profile providing a natural hand rest for comfortable operation.
- Left/Right and Drag Lock buttons.
- Colour coded buttons mounted sub-flush to prevent accidental activation.
- Sockets to operate Left/Right click buttons from remote switches.
- Easy ‘plug and play’ installation.
- Does not require driver software – ideal for contract managed computer systems
- Auto detecting PS2 and USB protocols.
Video Games are a big part of many disabled people’s lives and its importance should not be underestimated. It is perhaps easy to dismiss it as frivolous, but for many, it provides purpose and can have a profoundly positive effect on their lives.
Microsoft recently made a significant gesture by introducing the Xbox Adaptive Controller, which allows multiple wired switches and up to two USB devices to be connected and individually configured.
For its part, Pretorian has also risen to the challenge of helping disabled gamers by introducing new features into some of its joysticks to allow them to be used with Xbox Adaptive Controller. The Optima Joystick has been modified to allow it to be switched from its standard ‘mouse equivalent’ functionality to a new ‘gamepad equivalent’ setting, allowing it to be plugged directly into Xbox Adaptive Controller.
All of Pretorian’s Smoothie switches can also be used directly with Xbox Adaptive Controller.
This product fulfills the regulatory compliance requirements of the MDR (Medical Device Regulation in the EU).
Visit our knowledge bank for resources and support.
Get in touch
Have a question? Contact our team today.